Wednesday 30 April 2008

iPhone SDK

Great news is here - iMatrix is ported into SDK version beta 3!!!

New iMatrix will be a little bit different from current toolchain based version because SDK has different set of frameworks and classes.

Simulator based application cannot handle camera attached to my Mac Mini, but it does all the rest quite well and, that is very important, according to stricts rules Apple set. No more private frameworks, no more Address book hacks; just clean and legal stuff! Next days I will publish photos of new iMatrix application... return here frequently please.

There are sad news as well. It looks like import/export of notes and Safari's bookmarks should come out... The same with Calendar...
BUT you will be surprized as well! Will say just this: iTunes, YouTube and Google Maps!

Now the story :) At first, I had to purchase new Mac Mini because OS X Leopard is vital for SDK. After some time and with the help of my collegues, I found what I looked for! After updating the system and installing SDK/Xcode I became "happy" owner of development environment for creating cool and amazing native iPhone applications! Well... then I had several weeks of hard coding and getting familiar with Xcode... It is in past now! After all, I can say that Apple did realy cool product. It is not ready and quite fresh but it works and has HUGE potential. I personally will use it for sure.

(To be continued)

2 comments:

Jhon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
btn said...

Have you submitted iMatrix to the iPhone App Store yet? I am annoyed that there's still no barcode reader app in the U.S. store. Thanks!